Alternative buyer research report: Recommend one potential buyer for the organization in the scenario from the alternative buyer options list provided and justify your choice. Visit the company’s website and research its market and financial situation.
Explain your recommendation by addressing the following selection (and rubric) criteria:
- Current market: Describe the current market of the selected organization.
- What types of products does this organization manufacture?
- Who are its customers?
- In which industry does it compete?
- Financial situation: Analyze the organization’s financial situation, including revenue, expenses, and profitability.
- Recent developments: Visit your selected organization’s website and review its news and announcements over the past year. What notable recent events has the organization experienced that might make it more or less attractive to your organization as a buyer? Explain your reasoning.
- Buyer rationale: Justify why this potential buyer is the best option for the life sciences organization. Use data from your research to support your rationale.
Acquisition road map: Develop an acquisition road map as a tool for sharing the project with the strategic planning team and the guiding coalition.
Specifically, you must address the following criteria:
- Acquisition-related tasks:
- Describe the tasks and steps that have already been taken toward an acquisition since you were appointed to the strategic planning team.
- Recommend the tasks and steps that would need to happen over the next one to two years to evaluate and complete an acquisition. For each task and step, provide estimates for how long it will take to accomplish it, the responsible parties, and any dependencies.
- Gantt chart: Using the provided template, create a Gantt chart that visually illustrates the tasks and steps that you’ve indicated above. Cells A1, A2, H2, B3, C3, D3, E3, F3, G3, and H3 have instructional comments embedded that will assist you in completing the template. These comments are visible when you select these cells. To use the template, replace the bracketed text and Xs with the relevant information. (Note: You can copy the chart to include it in the road map document.) Your chart should include the following:
- Indicate tasks and steps that have already been completed since you were appointed to the strategic planning team. For example, be sure to include guiding coalition, industry, and competitive research aspects.
- Indicate “in process” tasks and steps that are currently being performed.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 4 page Word document (including relevant Gantt charts), using double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style