Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review Chapters 1, 11, 12 and 13 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
- Watch the Week 4 Assignment Links to an external site.video with Brenda Forde.
- Review the article The Big Disconnect in Your Talent Strategy and How to Fix It Links to an external site..
- This article provides information about the different types of employees: freelance, crowdsourcing efforts, temporary, part-time, and full-time.
- Review the article Reimagining Time Off Links to an external site..
- This article provides information about creative vacation and sick time off policies.
- Review the article HR Then and Now: 6 Trends That Have Shaped the Workplace—and HR—Over the Past Decade Links to an external site..
- This article provides a high-level view of six trends that have helped shape the human capital landscape over the last decade.
- Review the article Diversity & Innovation: Meet Five Leaders Who Have Invented New Approaches to D & I Links to an external site..
- This article discusses diversity and broadens the topic beyond traditional race and gender.
- Review the article Data Science and Predictive Analytics Enabling Better Hiring Mechanisms for Enterprises Links to an external site..
- This article introduces predictive analysis and discusses the benefits of its use in helping to improve the quality of hiring, leadership development, and employee turnover.
- Review the article An Algorithm for Success: People Analytics Are Becoming as Important as People Skills in Making Insightful workforce Decisions Links to an external site..
- This article discusses predictive analysis and algorithms used in the hiring process and provides many real-life examples and perspective from professionals working in business.
- Visit the Beefsteak Case Study page in the online classroom to explore the Company Background Information Packet and review the Company Background video
- Research and review credible sources to gain an understanding of the latest development of the Beefsteak Company.
Beefsteak is a fast-casual restaurant concept from acclaimed Chef José Andrés that focuses on the “unsung power of vegetables” (Beefsteak Company Background Packet, n.d., page 7). José Andrés is a world-renowned chef and owner of a number of restaurants. He was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his work with disaster relief through his nonprofit organization World Central Kitchen. Andrés’s mission is to change the world through the power of food.
For this assignment, you will be developing a recruiting and a selection strategy for Beefsteak to include both managerial and staff positions. You will want to think through the three sequential stages of recruiting found in Chapter 11 of the course textbook:
- Sourcing: process of generating a pool of applicants
- Assessing: evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and other characteristics necessary to perform a job
- Employing: process of moving the desired candidate into employment
First, consider and discuss the importance of Beefsteak having a positive organizational image and brand, and the impact on recruitment. Take into consideration the importance of recruiting for diversity. Next, you will need to develop a selection process, starting with the application, recommendations, employment testing, past experience, drug screening, computer-based screening, and interviewing. Be sure to consider both managerial and staffing positions for both the recruiting and selection strategies.
In your paper,
- Analyze Beefsteak’s company profile and business model.
- Construct a recruiting strategy using the three sequential stages.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity in recruiting, Beefsteak’s brand, contemporary human capital topics, and predictive analysis.
- Create a selection strategy for both managerial and staff positions.
The Beefsteak: Reinforcing Culture Through Human Capital Development Case Study—Recruiting and Selecting paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions Links to an external site.and Writing a Thesis Statement Links to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Organize sections of your paper using level headings.
- Refer to the APA Style Elements Links to an external site.resource to help with level heading formatting.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Avoid overdependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.