1. History and Social Policy of Safeguarding
2. Legal Influences
3. Classifications of abuse and Types of Abuse 4. Advocacy 5. Multi-Agency Collaboration 6. Research/Evidence/Theory 7. Staff Care: supervision and Support INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
1. Critically appraise the historical, legal and political influences and resultant policies and guidance in relation to safeguarding and protection.
2. Discuss their role within a multi-disciplinary team in the safeguarding arena.
3. Critically discuss the importance of contemporaneous record keeping.
4. Reflect on the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safeguarding interventions.
The method of assessment for this module has been designed to test all the learning outcomes. Students must demonstrate successful achievement of these learning outcomes to pass the module. Number of Assessments Form of Assessment % weighting Size of Assessment/Duration/ Word count Category of assessment Learning Outcomes being assessed 1 Negotiated Assignment 100% 3000 words Coursework 126.96.36.199.